MUST WATCH: Bullied Teen Makes Anti-Bullying Film to Show in Schools
“Charity” — A Film from the Stop Bullying Foundation
The Stop Bullying Foundation, in association with the Puffin Foundation and However Productions, is raising post-production funds to complete their anti-bullying short film and get it into schools with an anti-bullying curriculum.
- Connect with students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Help raise awareness about the damaging consequences of bullying.
- Inspire communities to do something about it.
18-year-old Alexander Haney was bullied in high school, physically and emotionally — which escalated to a death threat. Alexander took an unexpected route and transformed the pain of his traumatic experience by creating an uplifting message of hope in the form of a short film, “Charity,” based on his true story. Alexander’s twin sister Angela Haney gives a deep and heartfelt performance as the girl who is struggling with getting bullied.
We want to help kids and teens to stand up to a bully and, most importantly, find the strength to rise above the aggression and heal. Now crowd funding. Click here to stop bullying: www.igg.me/at/nomorebull
Watch the trailer here:
Why This Film is Needed
- Teens listen to other teens. This film gives a unique perspective that many others need to hear.
- 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
- 79% of boys and 83% of girls report being bullied in school or online
- 75% of school shootings have been linked to bullying
- 70.6% of teens have seen bullying in their schools
- Kids are going home crying and worse.
Teachers and school administrators have already started requesting the film to show in classrooms and assemblies. Alexander has spoken several times at California State University Los Angeles in teacher education classes to help teachers realize they have to see the signs of a kid who is being bullied and help them.
The Stop Bullying Foundations urges you to get active and make a change. Help us bring this film into schools: www.igg.me/at/nomorebull
ARTICLES ABOUT THE 18-YEAR-OLD FILMMAKER AND “CHARITY”
Film-News UK: http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-review.asp?H=Alexander-Haney-Interview&nItemID=1004
The Levity Ball: http://www.thelevityball.com/alexander-haney-bullying-victim-top-young-filmmaker/
The Awesome Hunter: http://theawesomehunter.com/charitymoviealexanderhaney/